Ben’s Canteen specialises in Burgers and Brunch, so as well as knowing how to make a banging Bloody Mary, they also make some of the best Burgers in London.
Their Cheese Burger has a kick-ass Tomato Relish and the secret ingredient? Bloody Bens Bloody Mary Mix! Below is how to make it at home, so you can make your Burgers even better.
For the win, pair your Burger with a Bloody Mary!
To make a big batch of Bloody Bens Tomato Burger Relish,
- 125ml Bloody Bens Bloody Mary Mix
- 1 large Spanish Onion (finely diced)
- 6 Garlic Cloves (finely diced)
- 10 Plum Tomatoes (chopped, seeds in)
- 2 Jalapeño Peppers (deseeded, finely chopped)
- 3 Roasted Red Peppers from a Jar/Tin (diced)
- 1 Tbsp Mustard Seed
- 3 Pickled Gherkins (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 50ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 220g Light Brown Sugar
- In a pan, on a medium heat, add a small amount of oil, when hot add the Onion and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add Garlic, chopped Tomato, Jalapeño Pepper, Red Pepper, Mustard Seed and Paprika.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes or until the excess liquid has reduced by approximately half.
- Add Bloody Bens Bloody Mary Mix and Balsamic Vinegar and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Add the Sugar and reduce to a thick consistency.
- Remove from the heat, add chopped Gherkins and mix well.
- Allow to cool, then store in the fridge for up to 5 days.