Sausages, overcooked pasta and our Bloody Bens Bloody Mary Mix. What’s not to like?!
This is the gastro version of a comfy sofa, a pair of slippers and a roaring fire.
- Splash of Olive Oil
- 10 Sausages
- 2 Onions, Peeled and Diced
- 1 Red Pepper, Seeds Removed and Flesh Diced
- 1 Aubergine, Trimmed and Diced
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 4 Medium, Well Ripe Tomatoes, Roughly Diced, Seeds and all
- 220g Orzo Pasta
- 175ml Bloody Bens Bloody Mary Mix
- 300ml Water
- Parsley, if you want to make it look fancy
- Pre-heat your fan oven to 180 degrees (gas mark 6).
- Heat the oil in an oven proof shallow casserole dish over a medium high temperature.
- Brown sausages all over and then remove to a plate.
- Slide in the chopped onions and fry slowly for 5 minutes. Crank up the heat to high and add the red pepper and aubergine. Continue to fry for 3 minutes.
- Squeeze in the tomato puree and stir in.
- Slide in the chopped tomatoes and let them break down a little.
- Stir in the orzo.
- Pour in the Bloody Bens Bloody Mary Mix and water.
- Pop your sausages back in.
- Bring to a simmer, put on a lid and bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, carefully remove the pan from the oven and leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Open up, stir and be amazed at how easy this cooking lark really is.